Brattleboro Summer Pick-Up 2021
Policies and Procedures for Play During Covid-19 Pandemic
Brattleboro Ultimate follows rules set out by the state of Vermont and the town of Brattleboro.
To be here you must
- Be Covid-19 symptom free: no fever, cough, sore throat, etc. If in doubt, stay home!
- Have had no close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual within the last 14 days.
- Be here to play. No spectators or friends who are not playing.
- Have completed all the necessary paperwork and payments online.
Before the game
- Arrive with a mask.
- Find a spot to stash your stuff marked with an X (appropriately distanced from other players).
- While warming up, maintain social distance to the greatest extent possible.
During the game
- Normal Ultimate, within the context of the situation we are in.
- Overall, less aggressive play and less aggressive mark (3 feet minimum).
- Don’t be right up in people’s faces and be mindful of creating extra space when possible.
- Do not spit on the field or sideline.
- During water breaks or when you are not in the game, go to your “X” spot.
- If you end up in a non-socially distanced area for whatever reason, put on your mask!
- When the game is over, grab your stuff quickly and go home!
- Continue to maintain social distance and make the extra effort.
- If you would like to briefly remove your mask in between points to catch a breath, make sure you are clearly well distanced (10+ feet) from all other players.
We’re doing everything we can to reduce the risk of becoming a spreader event because it’s the right thing to do, and we want to play all summer! If you forget to follow these guidelines, somebody may gently remind you to follow them.